New DayZ Epoch Map : Require Tester For Closed Alpha

Hi guys,

I've been working hard on this, and i'm finally ready to have some people test it in a closed server, the map is Miroslavl by Rebellion, a 12.8km x 12,8km terrain west of Chernarus.  

You can see the map and a few more details Here

********* UPDATED 14/05/2014 ************

We've now decided to release the client files to the general public, which can be obtained from the link below, please take note of the rest of the post, the map is in TESTING so please remember that, also please report any bugs to THIS forum post, instructions on how to run the map are in the README,

Sorry i only have the Retail version of Arma2 so if you need instructions to launch via steam, or dayz commander, you'll have to ask here for help, also i highly recommend using the ARMA 2 launcher program, it's a great tool and makes launching different mods stupidly easy regardless of which version of arma2 you own, you can grab it HERE

Miroslavl Public Release 1.0 - Rar Download 

Download size is approximately 415MB

Server ip - 54.194.39.77:2302 - Located in Ireland .. avg ping from mainland U.K is 25ms

Some of the custom features include :

100% Dynamic traders - no safezones, making trading more risky

EVR Storms (protection available with a radio)

Only 1 Safezone

AI Side Missions

Some notes about the known issues we are already aware of and fixing :

[Terrain] Autoland is broken at the main airfield, a misplaced tree will always be in the way and you will crash and die, for now do not use Autoland

[Terrain] A Few buildings are slightly clipped into the ground, mostly non-enterables so not a major priority

[code / Hive] Sometimes hatchets will display and act as if they have no ammo

[code / Hive] On very rare occasions you will lose all weapon magazines

[code / Hive] Tents randomly disappear when constructed, this should be fixed by the time you download the files though.

As you can see, the map has some issues, and we know more will arise, unless you are prepared to lose gear, die alot, have random problems, this test is NOT for you.

Also please note the server runs an antihack system, dupers, hackers, cheaters will be permabanned for the duration of the test, and possibly for good.

That's all for now, I will update this link with a short video at some point showing some of the map.

Nigel

EVR is the electro magnetic storm thing that was made for namalsk, its an atmospheric anamolay that knocks you out, takes a bit of blood, there is protection against it though, being inside a building will prevent you losing blood, so will a Radio, it's a neat effect, adds a new dynamic to the map for sure.